Sunday, June 11, 2017

Heart Rate Training Week 3

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I had a wonderful time celebrating my 40th birthday and I also got in some great runs last week.  Here's the summary of my week.

Monday - Rest day with 20 minute walk after dinner and recovery yoga from Runner's World

Tuesday - Easy run with 30 minutes in zone 2

 

Wednesday - Interval run with 10 minute warm up, 2x (15 minutes in zone 4 and 5 minutes recovery) -

 

Thursday - Unplanned rest day, had some shoulder and back pain so skipped body pump

Friday - Interval run with 5 minute warm up, 6x (3 minutes in zone 4 and 1 minute recovery)

 

Friday was also my actual birthday and we had an amazing dinner at Pineapple and Pearls to celebrate.  It was super extravagant but worth it for a milestone birthday.  And we both felt like it was the best dinner we've ever had.  Here's my vegetarian menu as well as a photo of some of the courses.

 

 

 
Saturday - Did Yoga for Back Pain from Yoga With Adrienne since I was still having some back pain.

Sunday - 80 minute run in zone 2

 

I'm pretty happy with getting in 4 runs, even though I had to skip my strength training.  But the yoga seemed to help and the back is much better today.  Monday and Tuesday of this week I'm going to be at a conference but hopefully I can still get all my run in.  Here's the plan.

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - easy run in the morning before going to the conference
Wednesday - strength training
Thursday - interval run at the gym after work
Friday - strength training
Saturday - easy run
Sunday - long run

I hope everyone else had a great week too!  I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin (and guest host Kooky Runner) for the Weekly Wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment