Monday, April 2, 2018

Weekly review

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Mine was a lot of fun.  But first, here's the information on the week.  I was still in the ankle brace and last week, had less than 20,000 steps for the whole week!  That was an average of less than 3,000 steps per day.  So I knew that I needed to work on gradually increasing time on my feet this week so that it wouldn't be too abrupt of a change on the weekend.  The convention center that Awesome Con is held at is large and involves lots of walking and I wanted to make sure that it didn't set my ankle back.

Monday - 6,565 steps.  This was mostly walking around the office since it was a day full of meetings, no extra walks.

Tuesday - 6, 432 steps.  Again, this was mostly daily steps walking around the office but it also included a walk after work.

Wednesday - 7,072 steps.  This included a walk at lunch time as well as a walk after work.

Thursday - 12, 514 steps.  I was meeting friends for happy hour downtown after work so I parked a bit away from the place we were meeting.  So this included a walk before happy hour and a walk back to the car after happy hour.

Friday - 12,316 steps.  This was the first day of Awesome Con and we had a great time!  We had several friends that were there and we had dinner with them afterwards as well.

Some fun cosplay I saw other people doing Saturday and Sunday

Saturday - 15,297.  More walking around Awesome Con but we also went to a party in the evening for some dancing.  I was a little worried that I was overdoing it but I think it was ok.

My costumes from the weekend, Mike's not the storm trooper, that's just a random person I ran into :)  The first costume is Dr. Aphra, a character from Star Wars comics and the second is a Disney Bound version of Nick Wilde and Judy Hops from Zootopia.

Sunday - 8, 453 steps.  I had initially thought I might go for a run this morning but I woke up with really tight calves.  Since that was part of the issue leading to my knee and ankle problems, I decided to take it easy and not rush back to running after so much walking and dancing the day before.

 
People were still going hard with the costumes Sunday!

So that was my week!  I'm still wearing the ankle brace but I don't think the weekend set me back.  I'm going to keep up with the walking this week and will try to add in the bike or elliptical as long as I don't feel any pain in my foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment