Monday, July 2, 2018

Weekly Review

It was a so-so week when it came to working out.  But there were lots of things going on this week so I'm happy I got in three runs and 1 strength training session.  I had two evening meetings and in addition to that, a friend was unexpectedly hospitalized and I spent an evening visiting with her.  Thankfully she's better and out of the hospital.  But here are the details on my week.

Monday - Planned Rest day.  We had local primary elections this week and I was helping out so we had a meeting Monday evening to set up the polling station.

Tuesday - Unplanned Rest day - I had meant to get up early for a run but it didn't happen after the meeting Monday evening.  And I was back at the polling station Tuesday evening to assist with the voting process and tearing everything down once the polls were closed.

Wednesday - Treadmill after work - I moved Tuesday's run to Wednesday and skipped body pump.  It was a 3 mile easy run.


Thursday - Morning speed work - 1 mile warm up, 75 mile at 10k pace, and 1 mile cool down.  I woke up early and got this in before work so I could visit my friend in the evening.



Friday - Body Pump video at home

Saturday - 3 mile easy run in the morning plus attending a rally/march later in the day.



Sunday - Unplanned Rest Day - I had meant to do 5 miles this morning but my feet were swollen when I woke up.  So I skipped this run to make sure it wasn't anything serious.  They went back to normal after icing and keeping them elevated most of the day.  I think it was just from standing/walking out in the heat Saturday afternoon.

So those were my workouts this week.  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - Afternoon easy run on the treadmill and getting off work a bit early
Wednesday - Morning speed work and a day off
Thursday - Rest day and business travel
Friday -  Strength train in hotel gym before flying back home
 Saturday - 3 mile easy run
Sunday - 5 miles

 I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment