Monday, January 28, 2019

Weekly Review

I hope everyone had a great week!  Not too much going on here on the work out front.  My plan was to start running again last week but apparently my body has decided that 1 week break after the marathon was not enough time.  So we'll see how things go.  But here are the details for the week.

Monday - Runner's World Yoga.  We also cleaned out our closets and while it's not done, we made a lot of progress.  I feel pretty good about that.




Tuesday and Wednesday - Rest days.  I had a conference downtown so I went into the city both days and felt pretty exhausted in the evenings.  In addition to the conference, I had my period and I always feel tired during that time of month.  I ended up going to bed early almost every day this week.

Thursday - 50 minutes on the elliptical at the gym.  I'm watching Jane the Virgin on Netflix during my indoor workouts and really enjoying it so far.




Friday - Rest day.  Unfortunately, after the elliptical, my left foot started hurting.  It was the same type of pain that ultimately turned into tendinitis in my right foot last year, so I'm trying to be really careful with it.

Saturday- Still had some pain in my left foot so this was another rest day.  And I guess I needed it.  I actually ended up sleeping 10 hours this day!  I went to bed early Friday, slept in Saturday morning, and took a nap in the afternoon.  After all this, I still went to bed at a normal time Saturday night.

Sunday - Strength Training.  My foot felt better (I got out the foot massager again and it seemed to really help) but still not up to running so I decided to work on strength training.  This was a random video that You Tube recommended.  It was only ok as far as the production value but it was a decent work out and I definitely feel it in my thighs this morning.




In addition to being productive with our closet last week, we also got a decent amount of cooking at home.  I also meal prepped for the week so that lunches and breakfasts would be easier to take with me to work.


Lasagna soup with a spoon of pesto on top

So that was last week.  I'm not sure what this week will bring, it's going to depend on my foot.  But if it's not better soon, I may decide to bow out of the Rock and Roll DC Half or see if I can switch down to the 5k.  I had free race entry so thankfully I don't have to worry about losing money or anything.  And I've done the race before several times so I'm not worried about missing out.  But I don't want to try it undertrained and I don't want to rush back into training while my foot pain continues.  So we'll see what happens with that one.

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment