Monday, February 4, 2019

Weekly Review

I hope everyone had a great week!  Mine was good for the most part.  I decided to give my self another week of rest before getting back to running and yesterday was my first run since the marathon.  Fingers crossed that the three weeks of rest was enough :)  But here are some other things I did during the week.

Vacation planning - we booked flights for our Fall vacation and started planning details.  We're going to take a Mediterranean cruise and spend a couple days in Rome.  It will also be our 10th wedding anniversary.  The years sure do fly by!


Snow - We got some snow Tuesday and sub freezing weather.  It was nowhere near as bad as the mid-west but I still was glad I was able to work from home on Wednesday.  I went into the office Thursday and felt like my legs were going to fall off in the time it took to walk from the garage to my office.  We got a bit more snow on Friday but it warmed up over the weekend and it's mostly gone by now.


Video Games - Kingdom Hearts III came in last week and we spent some time playing.  I really enjoy how the video game visits different Disney worlds and incorporates them into the story.


Food - We went to Silver Diner and they were testing out new items for their menu.  A lot of the test items were vegetarian so I tried a roasted cauliflower sandwich and an appetizer of tofu skewers.  We filled out a form with our feedback and got a gift certificate for a discount on our next visit.


Kitties - We had to take poor Shelby to the vet.  She really hates it and gets super anxious.  For next time, the vet gave us a prescription to ease the anxiety so hopefully it will get easier.  Perry's been enjoying sitting on our laps while we play Kingdom Hearts.  I don't think he cares about the game so much though, he just enjoys warm laps :)  We did watch the kitten bowl and the puppy bowl yesterday and it was so adorable!


Poor Shelby trying to hide at the vet's office

Sunday, I did meet up with a friend for a run.  We did 5 miles and it was beautiful with the snow but temperatures in the low 40s.  The trail we initially planned on was still covered in snow so we went an alternative route and though it had a couple icy spots, it was mostly dry.  My foot seems fine afterward but I had some knee pain.  It seems to loosen up after I walk a bit so hopefully using today as a rest day will be enough and tomorrow will be back to normal.  I'll see how it feels.



So that was the week.  Fingers crossed but it looks like we should see some nice weather this week :)

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment