Monday, September 23, 2019

Weekly Review

I hope everyone had a good week!  I don't have much to report on the work out front.  Lots of yoga and stretching and foam rolling to try to ease up whatever is going on with my calves and my feet.  I also got a massage where she really concentrated on my lower legs, achilles and feet.  I think it helped.  I haven't tested out running yet but I'm hoping to do that this week.

 
My foot and calf massager got a lot of use too

The massage therapist also saw my shoes that day and mentioned that I probably shouldn't wear shoes without backs as that can be hard on the feet and calves.  Oops.  I wore my oofos a lot of the time while we were walking around Rome.  They're great shoes but they are meant to be "recovery sandals" and not "walk around for 5 miles" shoes I guess.

You may have noticed that the title no longer says Richmond Half Marathon.  I was getting really nervous about having to do the half with this break of training.  Vacation combined with the rest for my feet has been 4 weeks.  That's a long break from training.  I went through my emails and credit card charges and I couldn't find anything about the race.  I checked on their website and they don't have my info.  Apparently I forgot to actually register for the race.  This is one of those situations where being unorganized has paid off.  So I've decided I'm not going to this race and just concentrate on trying to get my feet healthy.  And I've ordered sandals with backs.  I'm also hoping to spend more time concentrating on strength training for the rest of the year.

Let's see, what else happened this week?  Allergies really hit me hard on Friday.  I was pretty miserable Friday evening and Saturday morning.  I doubled up on allergy meds and started feeling better Saturday afternoon.  This was just in time for catching Cirque Du Soleil's Volta.  We had tried to see it last month but the show was cancelled for lightning.  This time we got to see the whole show and really enjoyed it.


We also had a friend visiting from out of town so we met up with a bunch of people for sushi and karaoke Saturday night and brunch on Sunday.  I put up the first part of my Rome trip review last week and hope to get the next installment up later this week.

So that's it for me.  We'll see what this week brings.  I've also ordered a new planner so I'm hoping that will help with the lack of organization that's currently going on in my life.  We did get some cooking and food prep done on the weekend too.

 
Farinata topped with tomatoes and mushrooms

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!
 weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment