Monday, February 3, 2020

Pike's Peek 10k Training Week 2


I hope everyone had a great week!  It was a pretty quiet one for me, which was nice.  It was good to have a bit of a break.  I did manage to get in all my runs so I'm pretty happy about that as well, though I wanted to get in one more strength training session than I did.  Oh well, here are the details.

Monday - Planned rest day

Tuesday - Unplanned rest day.  I meant to do some strength training here but I just forgot.  I hadn't been sleeping well and ended up going to bed early.  But I'm ok with that since I think I really needed the sleep.

Wednesday - Speed work.  1 mile warm up, 4 x 100 meters, 1 mile cool down.  This went pretty well.  My first interval looks a bit slower but that's because it's been so long since I've done structured speed work that I forgot where the right button on my watch was to end the interval!


Thursday - 2.5 easy miles


Friday - Strength training


Saturday - 3.5 easy miles


We also took Shelby to the vet today.  It's gotten to the point that because of her anxiety, we have to drug her up before taking her in.  So we planned to spend the rest of the day at home so we could keep an eye on her.  We had a nice day just relaxing.  Mike also set up a VR game called beat saber so we could try it out.  It was a lot of fun.

Sunday - 4.5 easy miles.  We did 2 miles together and then I finished the rest on my own.  I had checked the forecast and it said 0% chance of rain.  But it did rain and of course the only time it rained was during my run.  I thought about calling it but I just did some smaller loops around the house so I could run inside if it got really bad.  That worked out and I was able to finish my miles.


We also went out for brunch and a movie.  There was a Japanese animated film Mike wanted to see, Weathering With You.  It was ok, we both thought it was a bit slow paced and had a confusing story.

So that was my week!  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Strength Training
Tuesday - Speed work (1 mile warm up, 6 x 100 meters, 1 mile cool down)
Wednesday - Rest day (free movie screening for Birds of Prey)
Thursday - 2 miles on treadmill after work
Friday - Strength training
Saturday - 3 miles
Sunday - 3 miles

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!
 weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment