Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Pike's Peek 10k Training Week 4

Since Monday was a holiday, I'm a day late with my training recap.  I fully enjoyed having that extra day off yesterday and relaxing.  But better late than never!   So here's my recap of last week.  Sadly, I had knee pain and that really kept me from getting a lot of work outs in. It feels a lot better today so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get back to running this week.

Monday - planned rest day

Tuesday - 2 videos on Fitness blender, one for lower body and one for abs


Wednesday - My knee felt better so I did 40 minutes on the elliptical.


Thursday and Friday - Unplanned rest days. Perhaps I went back to working out too soon because my knees were back in pain these two days.  I did get my hair cut on Friday and tried something a little different :)  We went out with friends Friday and Saturday evening so it was a chance to get a bit dolled up.


Saturday - 40 minutes on the bike at the gym


Sunday - 30 minute yoga video

And that was it for the week.  I did try to go out for a run yesterday and I could tell within a few steps that was not the right decision.  So I changed it to a walk as my knees have gotten better to the point that walking doesn't hurt.  And that way I was able to enjoy the beautiful weather we had yesterday. I'm not sure what was going on with my knee.  All I can think is that I had toe pain before doing the 5k last weekend.  Maybe I was running weird or overcompensating some how and that put more pressure on my knees.

Here's the plan for this week, though I'll definitely keep adjusting if needed.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - Strength training
Wednesday - 3 miles
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - Strength training
Saturday - 3 miles
Sunday - 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment