1. Okra Stew - This is a hot dish but it uses tons of fresh veggies and it tastes perfect for Spring evening when the weather may still be a little cool but you can taste the summer coming!
2. Grilled Ratatouille - Ratatouille is sort of a go to way to use up a bunch of vegetables, and can be made in a ton of different ways. But one of the things we are itching to do by the time Spring weather rolls around again is fire up the grill. This is a great vegetarian option for the grill.
3. Stone Fruits - I love peaches, especially the really ripe ones at the peak of Summer. It's not quite time for that yet but I do get antsy for them and start eating them early in Spring. I can't help myself! But one way to improve not yet in season peaches is to cook them up a bit. And it can't hurt to pair them with ice cream :)
4. Rice and grilled vegetable salad - Here is another option for the grill. It can use whatever veggies are in season and is pretty easy to put together as either a side or vegetarian main dish.
5. Homemade granola - And what about breakfast? As the weather warms up I tend to want to move away from hot oatmeals and eggs. I have this homemade granola (using a weight watchers recipe) that tastes great with greek yogurt and fresh fruit. Hmm... I might need to make this one again this weekend.
So these are some of my Spring cravings. Anything specific you start craving as the weather warms up?