Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekly Review

My week started out a bit rough with allergies last week but ended up going really well.  I think part of that is due to getting some new medicine.  I'm excited that flonase is now over the counter :)  So here are the work outs from last week.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - rest day (really feeling the allergies, I even left work early and went to the store to get the flonase)

Wednesday - strength training (jumping jacks, squats, calf raises, planks, push ups, glute bridges, clam shells and crunches)

Thursday - 3.1 miles on the treadmill after work.  I did a 1600, a 1200, an 800 and a 400 with 250m walks in between as recovery.  Sadly, my phone died just as I was finishing up so no photo :( It's ridiculous how upset I was about this, and I even said something to my husband like does it even count without a photo!?!  Of course, I know it does and I quickly got over it, especially when Mike gently laughed at me over it :)

Friday - 42 minutes on the elliptical while watching the first episode of the West Wing.  I had forgotten how good this show was!


Saturday - Run on the Capital Crescent Trail with my old running group.  There were 2 of us planning to do Pike's Peak 10k next weekend so we did 5 miles. I forgot to turn the Garmin on for the first 4 minutes so there's an extra quarter mile we did that's not reflected in the Garmin data.  It ended up getting hot much quicker than I expected but it was a good run overall.  A beautiful morning with lots of flowers out.  We were slower on the way back but that was to be expected given that it's uphill on the way back.


Sunday - My 2nd barre class.  I enjoyed this one more than the first one.  The teacher seemed more experienced and I think it was also more enjoyable because I knew what to expect this time.  It was a great work out for my core and legs.

The plan for this week is to run on Tuesday, strength train on Wednesday, run on Thursday, yoga on Friday, walk a 5k with my dad on Saturday and run Pike's Peek 10k on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment