Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Five things from the Internet

It's time for the Friday Five with Cynthia, Courtney and Mar.  I've been pretty busy at work this week and falling behind on blog reading but hope to catch up on that this weekend!  In the meantime, here are 5 things from the internet that I've found of interest this week.


1.  Interesting article on carb loading the "right way" - A few good tips and some misconceptions cleared up.  I have to admit before I read up on the subject I did think carb loading just meant eating a large amount of pasta the night before a race.  I'm still not doing this exactly the right way, and I'm really bad at hydrating properly, but I'm getting better at both!

2. More benefits from yoga - Interesting article about the possible heart health benefits from yoga. I love yoga already but it's nice to know that it might have some extra benefits I was unaware of. 

3.  Runners World Boston Marathon coverage -  .I was able to watch the Boston Marathon coverage on tv last year since I was home sick from work.  This year, I'll have to follow along online but Runner's World is making that a bit easier with live coverage on their website.  Plus, there are some interesting preliminary articles already on the site, including a preview of the elite field.

4.  Maintaining a healthy weight by moving more -  A really interesting article on some science and a hypothesis on maintaining a heavy weight.  The essential hypothesis is that if you remain active, your body has an easier time maintaining a balance between calories in and calories out. However, if you're sedentary, your body has a hard time figuring out the balance.  I'm not sure of the veracity of this but I know I feel better when I'm active and this is one more reason to try to remain that way.

5.  Profile of Shalane Flanagan and her Boston Marathon hopes  - Speaking of watching the Boston Marathon last year, I was fascinated by Shalane and Meb.  Shalane still has hopes for the Boston Marathon and I'm definitely cheering her on.  This profile was a fun read.


And ending with a cat photo, because why not.  Here's Perry bonding with a new toy.  I have noticed that cat playtime often ends up looking a little violent!

I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend and I hope you guys have a great weekend too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment