Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday Five - 2015 goals review

It's time for the Friday Five link up with Courtney, Cynthia and Mar!  This week's theme is Winter workouts but I have to be honest and say I'm still not feeling Winter, especially given the temperatures we've been having.  My run on Sunday should feel like a Winter run and I'm actually looking forward to that.  In the meantime, I thought I'd take today to share how I did on my 2015 goals.

1. 15 in 2015 - I got in 16 races so this one was accomplished :)

2. Two half marathons - Well, I'm going to count this one as accomplished since I trained for two half marathons.  I ran Rock and Roll DC and I was prepared to run the Wine and Dine half marathon but that one was cut down to around 6.7 miles due to weather issues.

3.  Unsupported hand stand - No where close on this one.  To be honest, I've barely gotten to an unsupported head stand.  Yoga ended up put on a bit of a back burner this year so this is one I'll have to keep working on.

4.  Volunteer in three races - Yikes, I failed at this one and feel bad about that :(  I think I just forgot about this goal.  I volunteered at 2 races, both MCRRC races.  One was registration at the Piece of Cake 5k/10k and one was handing out medals at the Parks Half Marathon.  I really enjoyed both experiences but just never got around to signing up for a third one.

5.  Try at least 3 different workouts - This one was more than accomplished!  I was able to try aerial yoga, pure barre, Bang, SUP, body pump and body flow.  I've really enjoyed the variety of workouts this year.

So, I got to 3 out of 5 of the goals and partially completed the other 2.  I'm looking forward to 2016 and thinking about my goals for next year already.



No comments:

Post a Comment