Monday, January 27, 2014

Week in review

I had an up and down running week.  Tuesday was supposed to be meeting at the track with the running group.  But we got hit with snow and therefore the group meeting was cancelled.  I also worked from home, so no running on the treadmill at work.  Instead, I used the elliptical in our basement for 45 minutes and pushed hard.

Thursday was still cold but I was back in the office so I was able to run on the treadmill after work.  It was not a good run, unfortunately.  I felt like I hardly had any energy and I had to walk during 2 of my run intervals.  I finished the 40 minutes but it wasn't pretty.  The only thing I can think of is that I forgot to eat my afternoon snack due to being busy at work. My breakfast and lunch had been kind of light so maybe I just didn't have enough fuel to run on?



Saturday was the first non-track run I did with the running group.  This was the first time I had run without headphones but that was ok since there were people to talk to.  It was only 25 degrees out when we started but I somehow stumbled on exactly the right amount of layering.  I was cold until we started but felt good while we were running.  We did 4/1 intervals Instead of the 4/2 I had been doing.  I thought I would struggle because of the interval change and because of the colds weather, but this run went great!  No wheezing or coughing, when the coaches called for walking intervals, I felt like I could have kept running, and I was always able to start running again when it was time.  My phone unfortunately died during the run so runkeeper didn't record the work out but it was 2 miles in 30 minutes according to the girl I ran with.  And that included the 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down.

View at the start of our run.

I unfortunately didn't get any cross training in last week but I hope to change that this week.  The plan is running on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  Monday and Friday will be strength training.  Sunday is the Penguin Pace 5k which I'm really looking forward to.

I hope your week goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment