Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ouch...strength training class

Well, I took the strength training class at my work gym today during lunchtime.  And I didn't love it, which is a shame since it would have been the perfect solution for cross training on Monday and Friday.  I am already sore and I'm worried tomorrow will be a lot worse.  The main thing I hated was that the instructor was very shout-y.  It's just not my style and I don't find that motivating, just intimidating.

I had a date with the foam roller tonight in the hope that it will help reduce soreness tomorrow.

My main concentration this year as far as physical activity is running, especially because this is the first year I'm working on increasing distance beyond 5k.  I'm doing the strength training to supplement and benefit my running.  But it won't be useful if I'm too sore tomorrow for my track run.  So i don't think I'll be taking this class again.  To be honest, if it was just the soreness I would give it a couple more tries to see if I get used to it.  But throw in the shouting and it just isn't for me.  While the beginning running group is going on, I might just be doing videos for the cross training and then go back to the yoga class once the Tuesday group runs are over.


To end the post on a happier note, here's a photo of our cat, Perry.  He's been adorable with his new napping style :)

No comments:

Post a Comment