Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday five - happy things

It's that time of week again and I am linking up with the DC Trifecta for the Friday Five!

I'm going to talk about five things that are making me happy today since it's a little dreary out and I need to be reminded of good things :)

1. Movie and dinner date tonight! My husband and I both love Miyazaki films (Miyazaki makes Japanese animated features that are softer and more whimsical than most anime movies) and we have tickets to see the new Miyazaki. The theater is plush and you can even reserve your seats in advance, so I know we have great seats :) We're having dinner at Mon Ami Gabi before hand so yay for yummy French food. Their vegetarian option doesn't even sound too unhealthy since it's stuffed vegetables, goat cheese and herbed quinoa.



2. After a bad run on Tuesday that made me question all my running plans, I had a good run on the treadmill last night. Whew! I was beginning to wonder if I was fooling myself with thinking I could work up to longer distances.

3. The snow is melting and warm weather is ahead for the weekend. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's long run in above freesing temperatures. Plus, we'll be able to go to a new location and not the usual "snow location" that we've been running at a lot this Winter. I'm looking forward to the new scenery.

4. Cuddly kitties always make me happy. Perry is always cuddly, which I love. But Shelby's been cuddly this week too. I think she missed us while we were gone. I was working form home on Tuesday and she actually came and nudged me to ask for some cuddles! She is usually very independent so that was a rare occurrence. It makes me extra happy when she wants snuggles as it doesn't happen every day.

Menacing Cat

5. With the broken kitchen sink and the staycation, I haven't actually cooked in two weeks. I'm happy about the sink being fixed and being able to cook again this weekend. I'm planning on mushroom stroganoff tomorrow and it sounds yummy! It's an Alton Brown recipe and he hasn't steered my wrong yet. I'll post about it afterward.

So that's my Friday Five! I hope the rest of you had a good week and an even better weekend :) Anyone have any exciting plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment