Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Five Fitness Goals


Yay for Friday and what is supposed to be a mostly beautiful weekend! It's time for a Friday Five link up with the DC Trifecta (Mar, Courtney and Cynthia) and this week's theme is fitness goals.

Most of my current fitness goals have to do with running as I'm new to it and it's my priority this year. I'm concentrating on increasing distance but not worrying about speed this year (other than keeping up the required pace to not get swept).  So here we go.

1.  Complete the Lawyer's Have Heart 10k in June.  I'm looking forward to this one as I'll be doing it with a friend and it's in Georgetown off the river.  Should be pretty and I'm crossing my fingers it's not too hot.  Last year, they changed the 10k to a 5k because of excessive heat :( I really hope that doesn't happen this year because I'm hoping to use this as a proof of time for my next goal race.

2. Finish the Tower of Terror 10 miler at Disney World in October.  I'll be honest, the idea of doing a race at Disney World is what started me running in earnest last November.  Having a goal race that is at a destination I have to travel to is definitely a motivating factor as I want to make sure that money doesn't go to waste! And not only do I want to finish, I want to finish in good enough shape to be able to enjoy the after party at Hollywood Studios.  That means I have to be well trained and not just winging it.

3. The Richmond Half Marathon is my last big goal race.  I figured if I'm training for a 10 miler in October, I might as well keep the training going and do my first half marathon in November,  10 miles is too close to the half marathon distance to not give it a try.  And I've heard great reviews of the Richmond race so I'm really looking forward to it.


4.  I want to be able to do 10 "real" push-ups.  Right now, I'm still doing knee push-ups but trying to transition to full push ups.

5. My yoga goal is that I want to be able to do an unassisted headstand. Right now I still need the wall.

So those are my goals for the year, and hopefully achievable :) I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment