Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday five grab bag

Yay, it's finally Friday! For some reason this has seemed like a really long week. As usual, I'm linking up with the DC Trifecta (Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia) for the Friday Five.

Today is just a random grab bag of five things on my mind.

1 I love that it finally feels like Spring. There are daffodils in my yard! I'm looking forward to running a race tomorrow where I don't have to wear my jacket. And I'm going to spend some time this weekend clearing out the yard and planning my garden.

2. I'm not a wrestling fan but my husband is. And he's invited people over to watch a special wrestling thing on Sunday (I don't even know what it's called). But I love entertaining, so it works out. We're planning a baked potato bar with baked potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, veggie chilli and various toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and green onions.

Photo Mike texted me from the wrestling match he was at last week.


3. We're doing a fun wellness challenge at work where teams of 2 "walk to the beach." The way the challenge is set up is that they have calculated the number of miles to Key West and each team has to exercise that number of minutes in a 6 week period. The catch is that the weekly exercise minutes are based on the number of minutes logged by the person that exercised the least. So if my partner exercises 4 hours and I exercise 4 minutes, we can only log 4 minutes. It's motivating because you don't want to feel like the one holding your partner back! And we've been taking walks at lunch to get in some extra minutes. The mid-day walk is great to stave off the afternoon sleepies. And everyone that makes it to "the beach" gets entered into a raffle for prizes, which certainly doesn't hurt!

4. The one annoying thing about the challenge is that they specifically said you can't count strength training or yoga. Umm, what!?!  Building muscle and flexibility are just as important as cardio for a well rounded exercise regime. If walking (at any speed) counts, I don't see why yoga and strength training shouldn't count.  Plus, they didn't tell us that before we signed up for the challenge.

5. Lastly, I'm getting excited about some vacations we have coming up. We booked show tickets for our long weekend in Vegas and we've booked a hotel for our trip to Disney World for the Tower of Terror 10 miler. Yay for quick get aways :)

 
Port Orleans Riverside, where we stayed on our last trip to Disney World and where we'll stay again on this trip.

I hope everyone has a good weekend ahead of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment