Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tasty Tuesday - Grilled Ratatouille

I'm linking up with Lean Lena for Tasty Tuesday. She has a great blog and this is definitely a cool link up to check out since it is a fun way to see new healthy recipes every week.

I can't believe it's July and I've just had my first trip of the year to the farmer's market.  I usually try to go as often as possible but it's just been a busy summer.  But better late than never! We got a great haul of fruits and veggies this weekend and here's some of the bounty.


We're trying to use the grill as much as possible so Mike grilled up the vegetables.  I cut the cherry tomatoes in half and wrapped them up in foil and we stuck them on the grill too. The other veggies were cut into large pieces, drizzled with olive oil, and sprinkled with salt and pepper.  They were grilled on one side for 5 minutes, flipped, and then grilled on the other side for 3-5 minutes until they were easily pierced by a fork. Mike put the vegetables in a mixing bowl as they finished grilling and then brought the whole thing back to me.


I chopped up the grilled vegetables into bite size pieces and put them back into the mixing bowl.  I unwrapped the cherry tomatoes from the foil and threw them in with the rest of the veggies. I added some extra salt and pepper to taste as well as garlic powder, smoked paprika and thyme.  I finished it off with a small splash of apple cider vinegar.

And voila... Grilled ratatouille! I have to be honest and say that's not necessarily what I was going for when I started cooking but that's what the final product ended up looking and tasting like.  I had mine with some grilled garlic toast while Mike had his as a side to a burger.


It was a delicious and light meal, perfect for a hot summer evening. We also grilled up some peaches and had them with a dollop of greek yogurt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and some slivered almonds on top.


The ratatouille was even better as leftovers the second evening.  The flavors benefitted from having some time to blend together.

Do you have any favorite summertime meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment