Monday, July 14, 2014

Weekly review

Another weekend has come to an end and it's time for a weekly review.  My workouts went pretty well this week.  I ended up having my rest days early in the week on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was supposed to be a track workout but it looked like rain so I bailed and did strength training at home.  It didn't end up raining until later so I should have just gone.  Oh well.

I tried to make up for it by doing speed work on the treadmill on Thursday.  It was 2400 meters and then four 200 meters at a fast pace with 200 meters at a slow pace in between.  I tried to really push myself on the 200 meters and felt it. Though it doesn't look like it based on the pace below.  I always go slower on the treadmill then when I'm outside and I'm not sure why.


I did a yoga video from You Tube on Friday.  I chose a random one I hadn't done before and suffice it to say it wasn't very good.  I should stick with ones I know or have heard good reviews for.  You Tube can  be a bit hit and miss.

Saturday was 30 minutes on the elliptical.


Sunday was a long run with the training group.  This week was supposed to be a "recovery" week (hence the elliptical instead of running on Saturday) and I did the same amount of miles on my run as the previous Sunday.  We ran at Beach Drive, which was beautiful.  I didn't quite realize that it's closed to vehicular traffic in certain areas on the weekend so that runners and cyclists can use the road. I loved having all that space!


I found someone else who went at a similar speed to me and she was doing 3/1 intervals so I ran with her for the first half of the run. She was planning to run a bit longer than I was so I turned back when I was ready and did the return on my own. I had some garmin issues and it didn't start right away on the first half so it's short by about 5 minutes.  Overall it was a bit more than an hour and a bit less than 5 miles.  It felt good but the humidity was challenging.  According to the garmin when I checked later, it was over 80% humidity!


So that was my week.  I hope everyone else had a good week too!  The plan for this week is yoga on Tuesday, track work on Wednesday with the group, running on the treadmill on Thursday, rest on Saturday, the Rockville Twilight 8k on Saturday, and some yoga at home on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment