Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tasty Tuesday - September Bestowed Box

It's time for another Tasty Tuesday link up with Lean Lena. It's a great link up that usually has some really interesting recipes so definitely check it out if you can. Our kitchen renovation started this week so no cooking for me for a couple weeks. But I do have a review of the Bestowed Box we received in September.

I've talked about the Bestowed Box before but in short, it's a monthly subscription box with samples of snacks and other food related (usually) items.  From their website... "Join Bestowed and each month we'll send 7-10 of the best healthy snacks, beverages, and lifestyle items straight to your door. Every product we feature is carefully selected by our team of experts led by nutritionist Heather Bauer."



 Here is what the box looks like when it arrives.  It is $20 per month but if you sign up for three months or 6 months at once, you receive a little bit of a discounted price.

Again, the box was a mix of good and bad this month. Here is the write up you get with the bid detailing the contents.


And here's a photo of the goodies.


The Justin's chocolate almond butter was delicious but had a slightly grainy texture.  The package instructions did say to squish it around before opening so the texture might just have been because I didn't mix it up enough in the package.  The Balance Bare sea salt caramel nut bar was also delicious.  It tasted really dense and decadent and seemed like a real treat at the end of a heard day. The Bitsy's Brainfood cookies were better than I thought they would be.  They're not going to satisfy a craving for a chocolate chip cookie but they were slightly sweet and really filling.  I definitely see these as being a good healthy snack option.

The really intriguing thing in the box was a code for $40 off a HelloFresh Box.  I had never heard of these before so I went and checked out the website and I definitely think this is something I'll try out with the discount code.  It's a box where you get recipes and all the ingredients for three meals for the upcoming week delivered to you.  You can choose whether you want two servings or four servings per meal. They have a regular option where you have some choice as to the meals you get and a vegetarian option where you don't have a choice. I'm looking forward to trying this out once I have a kitchen again.

The bad in this box...the Supereats Kale and Chia chips.  I really did not like the flavor of these.  I like kale chips you make at home which are just seasoned kale cooked until crispy.  These were something else and had a weird musty taste :( there was also a bottle of Qure water.  The explanation talked about the minerals infused in it and the fact that it had the perfect ph balance but I didn't notice anything different with it. There were also tablets to put in yr water that supposedly inspire calm but I didn't try these.

So that's this month's box.  I have one more to go and I'll probably cancel my subscription after that. The boxes have introduced me to some tasty brands but I don't think the subscription would be worth it for me at full price.  I'll wait to see the October box before making up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment