Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekly review

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend! Mine went pretty well :) Here's a summary of my workouts this week.

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - I meant to take my regular yoga class at work but forgot to take work out clothes. So I ended up doing some strength training exercises at home that evening.
Wednesday - my knee was hurting some this week so I ended up skipping speed work at the track and did 45 minutes on the elliptical instead.

Thursday - I started out doing a mile on the treadmill but my knee started hurting so I switched over to the elliptical which was easier on my knee.
















Friday - I did a yoga video as well as a 15 minute abs workout.
Saturday - rest day plus walking around the renaissance festival. We saw this great acrobatic act called Barely Balanced.

Sunday - this was my first run with double digit mileage! 10 miles done. I did most of it with a friend from the running group and around mile 8, she told me she was done and to go ahead and finish up on my own as she wanted to slow down. This was on the capital crescent trail from Bethesda to Fletcher's Boat House. It was a downhill on the way out and an uphill on the way back, which sucked. But I still managed to pick it up a bit for mile 8 and 9. Overall, I'm really happy with how this run went even though I'm sore at the moment. 

I'm looking forward to a fairly calm week at work, I hope.  Monday will be a much needed rest day.  Tuesday will be yoga at work.  Wednesday will be running.  More yoga on Thursday, a run on Friday, a rest day on Saturday and an 11 mile long run on Sunday. I hope you're week is looking good as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment