Monday, September 14, 2015

Wine and Dine Half Marathon training - week 10

I can't believe it's already week 10 of Wine and Dine training!  This training plan is more gradual that the one I used for the Rock and Roll Half so the mileage isn't that high yet but I'm feeling good about where I'm at.  Especially since there's around 6-7 weeks left before the race.  This week went pretty well, with one unplanned rest day but I still got all my runs in.

Monday- Rest day

Tuesday - Body Pump plus 15 minutes on the elliptical

Wednesday - Speed work on the track.  It was one 1600 plus two 800's.  And I think this is the first time that I've ever seen an average minutes per mile that began with a 9!  I was very excited about this.  I'm hoping that it means as the weather gets cooler, I'll continue to see some improvements in speed.


Thursday - 42 minutes on the treadmill.



Friday - Rest day

Saturday - I had 8 miles planned and I was doing the Diva Dash obstacle 5k with a friend.  So we woke up early, did 4.5 miles before the race (plus a half mile walk back to her house), and then drove to the race for another 3.1 miles.  It rained through the whole 5k so we were wet and muddy afterward, but it was still fun.  I'll put up a recap later this week.




Sunday - Rest Day (unplanned) - I had hoped to do some strength training or yoga today but I was just wiped after volunteering at the Parks Half Marathon in the morning.  It was fun volunteering, and I loved my job of handing out the medals to the finishers, but we were also on our feet for 4 hours straight. As an aside, how cool are these medals!  They were wine stoppers as well as medals.


All in all, not a bad week.  The plan for this week is going to look pretty similar with Body Pump on Tuesday, time at the track on Wednesday, the treadmill on Thursday, Body Pump on Friday, 9 miles on Saturday on the Capital Crescent Trail, and then heading to the Renaissance Fair on Sunday.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment