Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday 5 - motivational running songs


It's Friday.  This is another week that's flown by and it seems like next week is going to be just as busy.  But before we get to that, it's time for the Friday Five link up with Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia.


One of the things I'm planning to work on this weekend is my play list for the Wine and Dine Half so music is on my mind.  Some songs are on my running playlist because of a beat that keeps me moving but some are on there because they have a message that helps me keep going. So here's a list of 5 songs on my running playlist that I find motivational.

1.  Best Day of my Life by American Authors - I love this one because it's so upbeat, but it also makes me feel like this really could be the best day and the possibilities are limitless.  "I'm never gonna look back; Whoa, I'm never gonna give it up; No, just don't wake me now. This is gonna be the best day of my life."

2.  Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk - this is an obvious one but the lyrics really do remind me to keep working and not get complacent in the middle of a long run.  "Work it, make it, do it, makes us Harder, better, faster, stronger."

3. Run This Town by Jay-Z and Rihanna - A little on the nose but I like this one as a reminder that I run my runs and I'm in charge of how they go. "Walkin' tall against the rain; Victory's within the mile; Almost there, don't give up now; Only thing that's on my mind Is who's gonna run this town tonight."

4. We Are the Champions by Queen - Another classic, and it's a classic for a reason. I don't know how this one can't be motivational.  And while I'm not going to be winning any races, I know that I'll consider myself a champion for doing my best and not giving up.  "We are the champions - my friends; And we'll keep on fighting Till the end...No time for losers 'Cause we are the champions of the World."

5. I'm the one that's cool by the Guild - This song is a bit tongue in cheek but it speaks to me as I've been a nerd my whole life and that can definitely fuel me to keep going and not give up at times.  "I appreciate you for being cruel; I'm burning bright thanks to your rejection fuel."

Another couple songs I've talked about before that I still find motivational are Brave by Sara Bareilles,  Am I wrong by Nico & Vince, and Let It Go from Frozen.


And in honor of Halloween, here is Perry in his superhero persona. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment