Monday, February 8, 2016

Rock and Roll DC Half Marathon training - week 9

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Mine was a good mix of relaxing and being productive.  Plus, I was participating in Mar's 14 days of self care so I remembered to engage in a bit of self care every day.  It's amazing how much of a difference that makes.  So here's a summary of my training this week.  I got my runs in but still didn't get all the strength training in that I wanted.

Monday - rest day, with plenty of foam rolling and stretching

Tuesday - unplanned rest day since my stomach wasn't feeling well

Wednesday- Yoga for strength training from Yoga with Adriene


Thursday - Running on the treadmill after work



Friday - rest day and a fun dinner in the evening catching up with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time.

Saturday - A short run in my neighborhood in the morning.  It was a cold morning but beautiful.  Sadly, there were still some icy patches and places where people hadn't shoveled the snow from the sidewalks.  It's not that big a deal for me, I could step over or go around.  But I know there are people with mobility devices in the neighborhood as well as people with strollers.


Sunday - Long run with friends on Beach Drive.  This was a beautiful run and I even saw some horses along the way!  Though we made a bad decision at the end and ended up wading in ankle high icy water for a bit.  Thankfully that was when we were almost done so I ended up walking from mile 8.8 to mile 9.  My feet were so frozen it was more of a shuffle than a walk.  That 15.24 pace at the end was because of the time we were wading in the water.



And the evening ended with a super bowl party at a friend's house.  We had a great time with lots of yummy food.  Our contribution ended up being a mix of healthy and decadent :)  I made parmesan roasted chick peas and Mike baked brownies.

So that was my week. I'm linking up with HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.



 http://hohoruns.blogspot.com





No comments:

Post a Comment