Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Five - 2017 Goals

Now it's the first Friday of 2017 and that means it's time to link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0 to talk about my 2017 goals. 


Friday Five Linkup 2.0



Last week I discussed my 2016 goals and the fact that several of them ended up being goals I just didn't care about that much.  I think that's because I was trying to come up with 5 fitness related goals.  This year, I'm not going to force myself to make all the goals related to fitness and instead try to make sure they're all goals I care about.



1. Train for a marathon - Yep, I've decided to give a full marathon a try!  I know that I tend to train better in the Summer for a Fall half rather than in the Winter for a Spring half so I assume the same will hold true for a Full.  I'm still not sure which marathon I'll choose but it may be Disney, which would technically be in January 2018, so that's why the goal is to train for the marathon in 2017 but not necessarily to run it.  This will be my main fitness goal for the year.

2. Two new types of workouts - I failed at adding variety to my workouts last year but I'm adding it in this year because I do think variety is important.  And I need to continue pushing myself out of my comfort zone instead of just sticking with things I'm already familiar with.

 
I've enjoyed new things I've tried in the past, like aerial yoga

3.  Try a challenge race - Continuing on with the theme of trying new things and getting out of my comfort zone, I want to try a challenge race weekend this year where I run multiple races in one weekend.  While I did technically do the 5k and half at RnR Vegas, we mostly walked the 5k with my dad.  Also, I didn't get the challenge medal!  It doesn't count without the bling :)

 
The RnR Vegas 5k 

4.  Read more non-fiction:  This is my first non-fitness goals.  I'm planning to read at least 6 non-fiction books for the year.

5.  Be more fiscally responsible:  Mike and I both want to work on saving more money and being more intentional in our spending.  We actually started working on this in November and it went well in November.  December was tough with the holidays and our vacation but we're back on track in January.  Hoping to keep that going for all of 2017.

So those are my goals for 2017!  Wish me luck and best of luck to all of you for a happy and productive 2017 as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment