Tuesday, February 21, 2017

RnR DC Half Marathon Training Week 7

I'm a day late with my weekly review since yesterday was a holiday!  I spent much of the long weekend trying to unplug, which was a nice getaway.  And I had a decent week of workouts as well, though I didn't get in everything I wanted.  I got in my 2 strength training sessions but only 2 runs instead of the 3 that I had planned on.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - rest day

 
Valentine's Day dinner at home - beet and apple pizza with a spinach salad

Wednesday - strength training

Thursday - gym time with the West Wing as company

 

Friday - strength training

Saturday - This was the day I had meant to get in a run but didn't quite manage it.  I volunteered at a local community organization during the day that provides free services to assist people with filing their taxes.  I have a couple more volunteer sessions with them coming up but this week was my first time.  It was a steep learning curve but I'm more comfortable with it now :)

Sunday - Met up with a friend for our long run of 10 miles.  It was a beautiful morning and really warm for February.   I meant to take a photo at some point but was completely caught up in catching up with my friend while we ran so no photos of the beautiful morning.

 

Sunday also ended with an afternoon and evening of having friends over at our house to catch up.  We continued to take advantage of the nice weather by having drinks on the porch for a while before moving back indoors once the temperatures started to get cooler.

So that was it for last week.  I hope everyone else had a great long weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment