Monday, February 27, 2017

RnR DC Half Marathon training week 8

It's been a bit of a crazy week again and my training was again only ok.  At this point, my only goal for Rock and Roll DC is to just have fun and finish.  I've had a lackluster training cycle for various reasons and so I feel like that's the only thing that makes sense at this point.  And I'm ok with that.  Given other crazy things that are going on at work and in my personal life, training has taken a bit of a back seat and that feels like the right move for now.  But here are the details for this week.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - rest day

 
There was an amazing sunset while we were out running errands

Wednesday - strength training

Thursday - rest day as we had to take Shelby to the vet.  She was having some dental cleaning but then it turns out that she also had to have 2 teeth extracted.  It took a while to get her home afterward and the poor baby has to be given pain medicine twice a day for a week.  She seems to be doing better though, eating well and struggling less when we give her the medicine.

 
She's in no mood to have her photo taken!

Friday - I made it out for a run!  It was a beautiful day and I'm glad I got to enjoy it for a bit.  I forgot my garmin so I used runkeeper but I think the mileage is a bit off.  I've done this circuit before and it's always been between 2.6 and 2.8 in the past.

 

Saturday - Yoga and a 10 minute abs video

Sunday - Met up with friends for an 11 mile run.  This one was tough.  The route was much hillier than I remembered and the wind was strong at times.  Once we hit mile 10, we ended up deciding to walk the rest of the way since I was having sharp pains in my knee on the inclines, my one friend was having back pain and the other one was getting over a cold and the wind was making it hard to breathe.  You can see the splits below that we really struggled at the end.

 

But that was our last long run and now the race is in 2 weeks!  I can't believe it's already so close.  Wish us luck because I think we'll need it.

I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.


 Weekly Wrap 51 Taste the Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment