Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday Five - Runfessions

I can't believe that it's already the last Friday in May!  The month has flown by.  Friday also means that it's time for the Friday Five 2.0 link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness! I haven't been able to link up in a couple weeks so I'm happy to be linking up this week.  This week the Friday Five is for Runfessions :)

1.  I Runfess that I have not been running much at all since the Star Wars Dark Side half.  But I'm hoping to change that now :)

2.  I Runfess that it was pretty hard to stay in Zone 2 for my first heart rate training run on Tuesday.  I actually had to walk most of it.  So I changed the methodology on the Garmin of calculating Heart Rate Zones from max HR to heart rate reserve.  We'll see how this goes.

 

3.  I Runfess that I was pretty nervous about my first interval run with the heart rate method yesterday.  I had no idea what zone 4 would feel like (160-169 bpm) and I wasn't sure if it would feel too tough to sustain that for 5 minute intervals.  But I'm happy to report that it went well and I really enjoyed it.

 

4.  I Runfess that I did do this first interval run on the treadmill since it was storming after work yesterday.  It actually helped out since I'm still getting used to the HR training and I was able to increase or decrease the speed as needed if I wasn't in the right zone.

5.  I Runfess that my foot is sore today after yesterday's run :(  I had a run on the schedule today and tomorrow with a rest day on Sunday.  I think I'll move things around a bit to do yoga today and to move the runs to tomorrow and Sunday.  They're both supposed to be in an easier HR zone so I think that will be a better option.

 
Cute cat photo just for fun

So those are my runfessions for the week!  I hope that things are going well for all of you and you have a fun weekend ahead of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment