Friday, March 2, 2018

Friday Five - Entertainment

Well, it's Friday!  We're experiencing some high winds today (gusts up to 80 miles per hour!) and I already see some branches down in our yard.  But they're small ones and hopefully that continues to remain true.  I'm thankful that I was scheduled to work from home today anyway.  The government actually ended up closing today so Mike's at home too.  We're both warm and cozy.  Which means it's perfect timing for the Friday Five.  I thought I'd talk about 5 pieces of entertainment I've really been enjoying lately.


1.  Queer Eye for the Straight Guy - This show was one I used to watch years ago when it was on.  But it was just rebooted on Netflix and I binged the whole season in like two days.  It was so good!  And they're getting much deeper than they used to in the old show.  I came close to tears on almost every episode.

Image result for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

2.  The Crown - This was another Netflix Original that I loved.  It's a show about the beginning of Queen Elizabeth II's reign.  The costumes and the acting are phenomenal.  I was sad when I got to the end of season 2 and learned that season 3 wasn't going to come out for a while.  It's interesting because the rumor is that there will be a time jump for season 3 and they'll be casting all new actors to portray the royals as they're older.

Image result for The Crown Netflix

3. A Wrinkle in Time - I'm so excited about this movie!  It was one of my favorite books when I was a kid.  We're trying a free audible trial that included a couple free audio books.  So I decided to try this out as one of my free books and it's great!  I wasn't sure if I would like it as an audio book but the narration is really well done.


4. Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling - This is Mindy Kaling's second book and was my second free audio book from the audible trial.  I love it when authors narrate the book themselves, especially for memoirs.  It started out a bit slow but I really got into it after a couple chapters.  It was pretty funny and I enjoyed this insight into Mindy's life.



Image result for Mindy Kaling Why Not Me

5.  Hamilton - I've talked about my love of the musical, Hamilton many times.  It's come back to mind since tickets for Kennedy Center members went on sale earlier this week and there was quite a line to buy tickets.  I wanted to get my parents to see Hamilton so I had initially planned to try to get those tickets as well.  But we got lucky a couple months ago and managed to get a set of tickets for the show in New York.  So we'll take my parents to see the show in New York in June and don't have to worry about scrambling to try to get DC tickets :)

The last time we were in New York was snowy and cold so June will be a nice change




So that's some of the stuff I've been enjoying watching and listening to recently!  I'd love to hear what you've been entertained by too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment