Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Medical Update

Well, I've gotten some more input from my primary care doctor as well as from the physical therapist.  I saw both of them on the same day and I feel good about the appointments.

The physical therapist assistant indicated that the range of mobility is a lot better in my knee and my foot.  My hip is still a little tight and not as strong as it should be.  It also seems like the rotator muscles are not activating properly.  So in addition to the stretching exercises they had previously given me, I have some new hip strengthening exercises to add to the routine.

 
They even have a cool new app with videos of the exercises and a way to track when I do them


My primary care doctor did an EKG and indicated my heart seemed fine.  So we also got some blood tests done and my thyroid levels have changed.  The thyroid medicine I've been on for years now is all of a sudden too strong for some reason.  She indicated that would explain the higher heart rate and maybe even the fatigue.  I was confused about that comment because usually fatigue would be a sign that the dosage was too low.  But I think maybe the high dosage was making me restless and resulting in not sleeping well.

So I'm hopeful that the lower dosage of medicine will help with both my heart rate and sleeping better.  Unfortunately, the lower dosage will make it harder to lose weight.  I'm cutting out alcohol and added sugar for now and hopefully that will help on the weight front.

 
No more of this!  Well, I'm going to make an exception for 1 doughnut on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment