Monday, August 20, 2018

Columbus Nationwide Half Marathon training - week 1

I hope everyone's doing well!  I just realized that my next half marathon (the first one this year!) is just about 2 months away.  So I'm officially back in training.  I've been pretty good about getting in my four runs per week this Summer so I'm feeling positive about getting back to training and feeling positive that my foot can stand up to it without the tendinitis coming back (knock on wood).  My neck was still giving me some problems last week so I just stuck with lower body strength training at home instead of going to body pump.  I've been taking ibuprofen and it seems to be a lot better.  I have full range of motion back turning to the left but I'm not quite there with turning to the right yet.

So here are the details on this week.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - lower body strength training at home

Wednesday - 3 miles easy


Thursday - unplanned rest day but I did get in an afternoon walk at work.


And this was Mike's birthday so we went out to dinner to celebrate.  I had cauliflower steak and Mike had actual steak. It was restaurant week so we had a full three course meal with appetizers and desserts.  It was all delicious but so much food!


Friday - 3 miles easy


We also went out to for dinner and a show in the evening.  It was a fun, cabaret/side show style show.


Saturday - 4 miles with speed work (1 mile warm up, 2 miles at half marathon pace, and 1 mile cool down)


We had some friends over in the afternoon for a game night to celebrate Mike's birthday.  It was a fun, low-key celebration and Perry loved all the attention he got.  Shelby hid most of the time.

Sunday - 4 miles with a friend followed by yummy breakfast


The cats were out in full force for cuddling today :)

Lined up waiting their turn :)

So that was last week.  The plan for this week is below and hopefully I can go back to body pump.

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - Body pump
Wednesday - 4 mile easy run in the morning
Thursday - 3.5 miles with 1.5 mile at 10k pace
Friday - Body pump
Saturday - 5 miles
Sunday - 8 miles with 5 miles at half marathon pace

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment