Monday, October 8, 2018

Baltimore Running Festival Training Week 8

I hope everyone's doing well!  I had a pretty relaxing weekend, which is good because I've got a couple busy work weeks coming up with evening meetings and conferences and such.  But let's go over last week first.  I'm happy that I got in all my runs but only one strength training session instead of two sadly.  Here are the details.

Monday - Planned rest day

Tuesday - 4 mile easy run after work


Wednesday - 10 minute warm up on the elliptical plus body pump


Thursday - Speed work on the treadmill, .5 mile warm up, 3 miles at half marathon pace, and .5 mile cool down.  I accidentally stopped the treadmill at one point so don't have a photo of the whole time.  I had about a mile and 15 minutes that isn't showing on this photo.


Friday - Unplanned rest day

Saturday - 6 miles


Sunday - 10 miles for my long run.  This is the first time I'm back in double digits since the marathon in January!  I definitely struggled compared to last week's 9 miles but I noticed it was about 10 degrees warmer and had more uphill.


So that was my week.  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Strength training
Tuesday - Rest day (meetings all day and into the evening at work)
Wednesday - 3 easy miles
Thursday - Evening speed work (.5 mile warm up, 3 miles at hm pace, .5 mile cool down)
Friday - Body Pump
Saturday - 4 miles
Sunday - 5 miles

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment