Monday, October 1, 2018

Baltimore Running Festival Training Week 7

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  I had a busy but fun week last week and got in all of my runs plus one body pump session.  Here are the details of my week.

Monday - Planned rest day

Tuesday - 10 minute warm up on the elliptical plus body pump


Wednesday - 3 easy miles in the morning plus seeing the Welcome to Night Vale live show for our anniversary. 


Thursday - .5 mile warm up, 2.5 miles at half marathon pace, .5 mile cool down.  I don't know what was going on but I was so slow today!  The heat and humidity was down but that didn't show in my pace.  And I definitely didn't hit my half marathon pace.


Friday - unplanned rest day.  I had planned to do strength training in the evening but instead I found ants in our pantry!  So we spent the evening cleaning out the pantry and killing ants.  Not fun.  But hopefully they'll stay away now.

I did get in a 40 minute walk since it was such a nice day, and found this interesting bush full of berries - don't worry, I didn't eat any!

Saturday - 6 easy miles in the morning.  My pace was up after Thursday's slow run but you can see that my heart rate was too.  This is what I would want my easy pace to be in this weather but it doesn't seem like my heart rate agreed.


We also went out to a phenomenal dinner in the evening for more anniversary celebrations.  It was one of those restaurants (Rose's Luxury) that I'd been wanting to try for a while but never had the time since they don't take reservations and there's often a line.  We only had to wait in line for 30 minutes or so and the food was so delicious!


We had a seat at the chef's counter, which was pretty interesting!

Sunday - 9 miles (2 mile warm up, 6 miles at half marathon pace, and 1 mile cool down).  I was worried about this run but I met up with a friend and it went pretty well!  The downhill splits hit half marathon pace or a little below and the uphill paces were higher than half marathon pace but that's to be expected.  And we had fun while doing it :)


Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - 4 easy miles in the morning
Wednesday - Body Pump
Thursday - Evening speed work (.5 mile warm up, 3 miles at hm pace, .5 mile cool down)
Friday - Strength training
Saturday - 6 miles
Sunday - 10 miles

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment