Friday, November 16, 2018

AfterShokz Trekz Air

I hope you all had a great week!  We had a bit of snowy weather here but thankfully I was able to work from home and stay warm.  I thought I'd take this opportunity to get back on track with blogging and talk about the Aftershokz Trekz Air headphones that I've been wanting to review for a while.  I figure this is also a good time to link up with Fairytales and Fitness for their Friday link up.

 

I had been using wireless earbuds from Amazon but they were pretty cheap.  And I had bought the same ear buds like three different times because they eventually stopped working at some point.  The most recent pair I had stopped charging so I decided to stop buying cheap earbuds and try to invest in something that will hopefully last longer.

I had been reading great reviews of Aftershokz so I decided to give them a try.  And I love them!  The unique thing about Aftershokz is the headphones don't actually go in your ears.  They use bone conduction so that you can still hear things going on around you.  Which is great for running. 

Sweaty post run photo - you can see that my ears are completely uncovered


 Here are some things I've noticed so far.

1.  Comfortable and light weight!

2.  Can definitely hear better and I can hear everything going on around me while running.

3.  They're a little weird if the volume is too high though because you can feel them vibrate.

4.  Another downside is that sometimes, you do want to tune out the world.  For example, at the gym or on an airplane.  They come with ear plugs to help with that, but I prefer just using some old wired ear buds I have for those types of situations.

5.  I'm still trying to figure out battery life.  So far, so good.  I even forgot to turn them off after my last two hour run and they had plenty of battery when I finally notices several hours later.  So it seems like the battery life is pretty long lasting.  The website specifies 6 hours of battery life.

No comments:

Post a Comment