Monday, November 19, 2018

Race 13.1 Baltimore Training - Week 3

I hope everyone had a great week!  My week went pretty well.  I was able to get in all my runs and 1 strength training session.  I was also pretty good about recovery this week with 3 sessions foam rolling and an epsom salt bath.  I had hoped to get in a yoga session but that didn't happen.  Here are the details.

Monday - Planned rest day

Tuesday - Strength training.  I had planned to run on the track but for some reason it wasn't open :(  I waited there for a while to see if someone showed up but I eventually gave up and went home.  I tried a new strength training video on You Tube and really liked it!  I was definitely feeling it the next day but not so much that it interfered with running.


Wednesday - 3 miles on the treadmill


Thursday - 50 minutes on the elliptical.  We had snow during the morning but it changed to rain by the afternoon so I was able to get to the gym and use the elliptical.



Friday - 4 mile run - saw deer in the neighborhood toward the end of the run.


Saturday - 5 mile run


Sunday - 10 mile run with 5 miles at an easy pace, 3 miles at marathon pace, 1 mile at half marathon pace, and then a cool down.  I felt pretty good during this run!  My tempo miles were all on target except the last mile was way too fast.  I was aiming for 13:30 and ended up with 12:17.  But that mile was also mostly downhill.


So that was last week.  I also played around with my shoes a bit.  I laced them differently for the Wednesday and Friday runs.  That helped a little but they were still too tight in the toes.  So I went to the running store and it turns out my feet have changed a bit and I have higher arches than I used to.  They were pretty flat before.  So I tried out some new shoes and ended up with Brooks Adrenalines.  I tried them on my Saturday run and work them for my long run on Sunday. 

This week is a little complicated with Thanksgiving travel. Here's the plan.

Monday - Body pump
Tuesday - Speed work (1 mile warm up, 3.5 miles tempo)
Wednesday - 3 easy miles
Thursday - Rest day and fly to Atlanta
Friday - 4 miles
Saturday - 3 miles + yoga and fly back home in the afternoon
Sunday - 6 miles

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment