Wednesday, December 26, 2018

My 2018 Year of Running

Well, there's less than a week left in 2018!  In some ways the year has seemed like it has lasted forever and in other ways it seems like if has gone by in a blink of the eye.  Before the year ends for good, I wanted to look back at my year and running so I'm joining up with Courtney's link up and looking at my 2018 year in running.

  • Best race experience: I definitely had fewer races this year due to my tendinitis in the Spring.  But I made up for it with a half in October and a half in December.  I would definitely say the best race experience of the year was the Race 13.1 Baltimore half in December.  This was my second time doing the race and I loved it again.  It's a beautiful course and a well organized race, and small enough that the logistics are pretty easy. 
 
  • Best run: I think it would be the 14 miler I just did with a friend.  We did this route last year and loved it too.  It's a point to point run from Bethesda, Maryland to downtown DC on the Capital Crescent Trail.  It has pretty varied scenery starting out with suburbs, then some wooded views, running through the shops in Georgetown, running by the water as we pass the Kennedy Center, and then running around the monuments on the Mall.  It also helps that we finish with a yummy brunch in the city and that it's mostly downhill.

  • Best new piece of running gear: I love the Aftershokz headphones I got earlier in the year!   
  • Best running advice you’ve received this year: I think it was just to take it slow and not push my recovery when I was coming back from the injury.
  • Most inspirational runner: I think it's all of you!  Just reading everyone's blogs about getting out there and being consistent and keeping on with running is always inspiring to me.
  • Favorite picture from a run or race this year: I didn't love my race experience at the Baltimore Running Festival but I did enjoy all the crowd support!  And I love this photo I took of one of the spectators out there dancing for us :)
  • Race experience you would repeat in a heartbeat: The Pacer's St. Patrick's Day race.  This is always a fun one, flat course and well organized. I didn't get to fully enjoy this year because I had tendinitis at the time but I still loved it and would definitely want to do it again. 
  • If you could sum up your year in a couple of words what would they be? Consistency.  That's really what I was working on for most of the year, just trying to be consistent about getting out there and running/walking, no matter the pace.
 So that was 2018 for me!  How was year in running?

No comments:

Post a Comment