Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Christmas gifts

Now that the holidays are over and it's back to the routine, I thought I'd do a quick review of some Christmas gifts I got.

I got a Brooks running vest from my parents and it's amazing!  We've been having warmer than usual weather here and it's perfect for those days that are a little cold but not cold enough to need a full running jacket.  I can't believe it's taken me so long to try a vest.  And of course, the added pockets are helpful :)


I also got this wonderful foot massager from my father-in-law.  It also includes pressure cuffs that can be plugged into the machine so you can get a calf massage at the same time.  I've always been skeptical of things like this but I've used it multiple times in the past couple weeks and I love it.  My feet always feel better afterward and the calf massage is amazing.  I seem to have a tendency for tight calves and this has really been helping.  The massage can be pretty intense so I've just been using the lightest setting for my feet.


Of course, I also got some gift cards which are always appreciated and Mike got me tickets to the Penguin Experience at the Maryland Zoo.  And this was more of winning something than a gift, but I got a free entry to the Rock and Roll DC Half marathon through work!  I wasn't really planning on this one again but given that it's free, I'm in!

 
After RnR DC in 2016

So those were some of the things I got for Christmas.  Any favorites for you guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment