Friday, January 18, 2019

Friday Five - 2018 Goals Update

I'm back from Florida!  We had a great trip and got home around midnight on Wednesday night.  For those of you not following me on Instagram, I was able to finish the Disney World marathon while I was down there.  It was an amazing trip and a great race, and I hope to have my recap up next week.  In the meantime, I realized that it's already mid January and I haven't looked at my 2018 goals yet.  So here's a recap of how my goals for last year went.  I'm joining in with Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday link up.


1. Sub 3 hour half marathon - This did not come anywhere close to happening.  My Spring half marathon ended up being a DNS due to tendinitis.  I was hoping to do the Nationwide Columbus half marathon in the Fall since its flat but my travel schedule didn't work out and I did the Baltimore Running Festival instead.  The hills killed me on that one.  I also did Race 13.1 Baltimore, which was nice and flat, but I was deliberately keeping it at an easy pace for most of that one and finished in 3:11: 15.


Baltimore Running Festival

2. Get back to body pump - This went really well!  I was able to keep up with going to Body Pump at least once a week for the most part and made it twice a week some times. 

3.  700 miles - I didn't quite make this one but I'm happy with where I ended up for the year given that there were 5 weeks I was in an ankle brace and couldn't run at all.  I ended up with 691 miles for the year.

4.  Read more non-fiction (6 books) -  Another one that I got close on.  I finished 5 non-fiction books in 2018.  I read a Mindy Kaling biography, a book about cat evolution, and a book about the future of humanity in the first half of the year.  In the second half of the year I read Trevor Noah's Born a Crime and Wild by Cheryl Strayed.  I didn't quite get in 6 as I kept getting distracted by fiction from the library.
Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail (Oprah's Book Club 2.0 1) by [Strayed, Cheryl]

5.  Cook more at home -  I was better about this for most of the year.  Getting the Hungry Harvest box was really helping for most of the year.  Though as marathon training ramped up, we went back to cooking tried and true simple recipes at home.  The Instant Pot also helped with quick and easy weeknight recipes we could make at home.


So that's how last year went.  I'm pretty happy with how most of the goals went, given that there was a point in Spring where I couldn't run at all.  I'm not sure what my plans for this year will be yet.









No comments:

Post a Comment