Friday, March 8, 2019

2019 Goals

I just realized it's already March and I haven't even talked about my goals for the year!  Part of that is because I wasn't really sure what I wanted to try for this year.  But here's what I've decided on.

I'm joining in with Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday link up.


 
 
1.  720 miles for the year.  I was at 690 last year so I think I should be able to do this.  It averages out to 60 miles for month, which I got in January.  I only got 40 in February but I'm pretty sure I can make that up when I'm back in training.
 
2.  Train hard for speed - I don't want to say I'll try for a PR as I'm not sure that's in the cards at the moment.  But I just want to stick to goals that are in my control.  So I'm going to go with training consistently and diligently and hitting my speed work paces.  I have a 5k race in May, a 10k in June, and then I'll find a half marathon in the Fall (probably Richmond or Philadelphia). 
 
 
Beautiful views at the June 10k in Annapolis from couple years ago, looking forward to this year
 
3. Read 6 non fiction books - I really liked this goal the last couple years.  I'll read a ton of fiction but rarely read non-fiction without this goal. I've already finished Michelle Obama's book so that's the first one for this year.
 
 
 Image result for Becoming (book)
 
4.  Continue cooking at home.  This was a good goal last year and really helped with getting my eating (and spending) at a more reasonable level.  I want to keep doing that for this year too.
 
 
Savory oatmeal for breakfast this week
 
So those are my 4 goals for the year at the moment.  I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment