Monday, March 4, 2019

Weekly Review

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Mine went pretty well.  And work outs went as planned for the most part.  I did have an extra rest day just because I was feeling tired and congested.  I also got back to doing my PT exercises for my feet and hips, as well as doing planks in the evening for my core.  I want to try to keep that routine going this year so I'm glad I picked it up again.  Here are the details for the week.

Monday - Rest day.  I also had an evening meeting in a city about an hour away, so this was a pretty full day.  I didn't get home until close to 9pm.

Tuesday - 3 mile run.  The light is coming back!  I was able to leave work at a normal time and still get in a run before the sun set.


Wednesday - 30 minutes on the elliptical(20 as a warm up and 10 as a cool down) plus body pump.


Thursday - Rest day since I was sore from body pump.  I did get a message from my massage therapist that she had a last minute opening so I snapped it up and that definitely helped with the soreness.

Friday - Another rest day.  I wasn't sore anymore but I was feeling pretty congested and just not at my best.

Perry enjoyed cuddling and watching You Tube videos meant for cats

Saturday - 4 mile run with a friend.  My running partner adopted a dog!  I look forward to including her in our runs soon :)


The other excitement for Saturday is we had to take Shelby to the vet.  She caused such a ruckus last time that the vet gave us some medicine to calm her down before hand.  So we had to hold her down and squirt the drugs in her mouth.  We took her to the vet a couple hours after that and she did really well!  The unforeseen part is that Perry seemed to think she was a stranger cat when we brought her home.  Maybe the medicine made her smell different?  So we had to work on keeping him from attacking her for the rest of the afternoon.  Thankfully they're both back to normal now.

Sunday - 5.5 mile run around the neighborhood.  I don't think I've had back to back days of running since January so I took this one really easy.  My legs felt heavy and it was super slow, but I got it done.  I did the run as soon as I woke up since we had snow in the forecast for later in the day.  We did end up getting a bit of snow but mostly it just ended up as rain.


We also met up with a bunch of people for brunch to celebrate a friend's birthday.  It was a good time and fun catching up with everyone.

So that was my week!  I hope you all had a good week too :)  I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment