Monday, April 29, 2019

Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k - Training week 6

The race I'm working toward is the Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k in June.  This used to be a Zooma race and I did it in 2017 when it was still run by Zooma.  I'm excited to see how it's different now.  And Annapolis was a beautiful city to run in.  I haven't really trained for a 10k since my first 10k in 2014.  Since then, any 10k's I've run had been part of training for a longer race.

This was a good week.  I got in my planned runs and strength training, plus lots of walking since we were at a local sci fi convention over the weekend.

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday - Strength training.  I still had some back pain so I chose something low impact.


Wednesday - Yay, finally no pain in my back! I went for a run and got in my speed work.  1 mile warm up, 2x 100m, 5x 200m, 2x 100m, 1 mile cool down.  This went well.


Thursday - 3 mile easy run


Friday - Rest day.  It got a bit busy with getting ready to head to the convention so I took this as a rest day.  But I still got in more than 13,000 steps.


Saturday - 60 minutes on the elliptical plus strength training at the hotel gym


Sunday - 6 miles downtown with 2 miles at easy pace, 1 mile at marathon pace, 1 mile at half marathon pace, 1 mile at 5k pace, 1 mile cool down.  This was a pleasant run around the monuments, not too crowded, and I enjoyed pushing myself a bit.



Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - 2 mile warm up, 5x 3 minutes/2 minutes recovery, 1 mile cool down
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - 4 easy miles
Friday - strength training
Saturday - 5 easy miles
Sunday - 2 miles easy, 3 mile marathon pace, 1 mile half marathon pace, 1 mile cool down

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!
weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment