Monday, May 13, 2019

Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k - Training week 8

The race I'm working toward is the Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k in June.  This used to be a Zooma race and I did it in 2017 when it was still run by Zooma.  I'm excited to see how it's different now.  And Annapolis was a beautiful city to run in.  I haven't really trained for a 10k since my first 10k in 2014.  Since then, any 10k's I've run had been part of training for a longer race.

Last week was a little tough since I was in Atlanta for work.  When I travel with my boss, she tends to schedule us pretty tightly with meetings all day and often includes breakfast and dinner meetings as well.  So I was pretty exhausted when I got back as well.  But overall, the week went ok.  I missed a couple workouts but felt ok about it because I wanted to prioritize sleep as well.  Here are the details.

Monday - I was making up my long run from the previous day.  I got in my miles and was pretty happy with my paces.


Tuesday - Rest day and traveling to Atlanta.  Between the airport and the conference, I managed to get in more than 10,000 steps even with it being a rest day.

Wednesday - No breakfast meeting so I got up early to get in a run before my meetings.



Thursday - Strength Training - I had a 2 hour break between meetings and dinner so I used that to get in some weights at the hotel gym.

Friday - Rest day and traveling back home.  I had thought about getting up early to get in a run but I was too tired and decided on extra sleep instead.

Saturday - Rest day.  I had hoped to get up and get a run in but I was still pretty tired and decided to just enjoy being back at home.

Sunday - 2.5 miles.  It was supposed to be rainy pretty much all day with a break in the rain around 10 am.  I was hoping to get in 3 easy miles but it started raining harder and harder during my run, and I heard thunder at one point.  So my pace was definitely faster than an easy pace and I called it a day around 2.5 miles.  I joined Mike at the gym after that to get some strength training in.


This week is back to routine at home.  Here's the plan.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - 1 mile warm up, 5x 3 minutes, .5 mile cool down
Wednesday - strength training
Thursday - 4 miles easy
Friday - strength training
Saturday - 5 easy miles
Sunday - 2 miles easy, 4 mile marathon pace, 1 mile half marathon pace, 1 mile cool down

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!
weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment