Monday, May 20, 2019

Wayfarers Annapolis 10k, Training week 9

The race I'm working toward is the Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k in June.  This used to be a Zooma race and I did it in 2017 when it was still run by Zooma.  I'm excited to see how it's different now.  And Annapolis was a beautiful city to run in.  I haven't really trained for a 10k since my first 10k in 2014.  Since then, any 10k's I've run had been part of training for a longer race.

Last week went ok.  I got in my runs but sadly didn't get in any strength training.  I had my period and was dealing with cramps at the beginning of the week.  But at least I got my runs in so I'm ok with that.  For some reason I can't access Garmin at the moment so I'll have to add photos in later.

Monday - Planned rest day

Tuesday - Unplanned rest day since I wasn't feeling well.

Wednesday -  1 mile warm up, 5x 3 minutes, .5 mile cool down.  This went pretty well, My intervals were all faster than my goal time but fairly consistent.  The last 2 were slower but only by 2 seconds.


Thursday - 60 minutes on the elliptical at the gym


Friday - Unplanned rest day

Saturday - 5 miles at an easy pace.  We also went out for dinner and a fun show Saturday night.



Vegan nachos from Busboys and Poets.  I could barely eat half of it.

Sunday - Met up with a friend to run on a trail in her neighborhood.  We didn't start until 9am and it was hot and humid!  We did 2 miles warm up, 3 miles marathon pace (instead of the 4 planned), 1 mile 10k pace, and 1 mile cool down.

This week should be fairly routine.  Here's the plan.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - 1 mile warm up, 4x 4 minutes, 1/2 mile cool down
Wednesday - strength training
Thursday - 4 miles easy
Friday - strength training
Saturday - 4.5 easy miles
Sunday - 2.5 miles easy, 5x 3 minutes, 1 mile cool down

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!
weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment