Monday, June 3, 2019

Wayfarer's Annapoli 10k- Training week 11

Well, my race is over!  It went fairly well and I really enjoyed the race.  I'll get into details later this week but here's a summary of the week as a whole.  The good news is that the week went exactly to plan.

 Monday - making up the weekend's long run so it was included in last week's summary.

Tuesday - Strength training


Wednesday - 1 mile warm up, 7x 100 meters, 1 mile cool down.  It was going to be in the 90's so I made this my transition to waking up early and running before work.


Thursday - 2 miles at the gym after work with some strength training


Friday - rest day, plus meeting up with my race partner to drive to Annapolis.

 
A yummy dinner of a guacamole trio and jackfruit tacos

Saturday - Race day!

All smiles after the race

Sunday - 3 mile recovery run at a very easy pace.


I'm not sure what this week will bring since I'm not in training any longer!  I'm thinking of a November half (trying to decide between Richmond and Philadelphia and would welcome any feedback) but I'm going to take this week by ear.  Here's a rough plan.

Monday - Rest day with an evening meeting
Tuesday - 3 easy miles
Wednesday - strength training
Thursday - 3 miles easy
Friday - strength training
Saturday - 4 easy miles
Sunday - 4 easy miles (will be in the city so hoping to explore a new route!)

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment