Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k, Training week 10

The race I'm working toward is the Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k in June.  This used to be a Zooma race and I did it in 2017 when it was still run by Zooma.  I'm excited to see how it's different now.  And Annapolis was a beautiful city to run in.  I haven't really trained for a 10k since my first 10k in 2014.  Since then, any 10k's I've run had been part of training for a longer race.

It's race week already!  The Spring has flown by and we're almost to June.  I'm excited about the race and my mini girl's trip to Annapolis.  And overall, I'm pretty happy with how my training cycle has gone.

Last week's training was ok.  I rolled Monday into the weekend since it was a long weekend and therefore was able to get all my runs done, along with 1 strength training session (instead of the 2 I wanted) and one yoga practice. Here are the details.

Monday - planned rest day

Tuesday - unplanned rest day

Wednesday - 1 mile warm up, 4x 4 minutes, 1/2 mile cool down.  Those 4 minute intervals were tough.  I was shooting for 11:30 pace and I was faster than that on all my intervals so I was pretty pleased.


Thursday - unplanned rest day

Friday - 4 mile easy paced run


Saturday - 4.5 mile easy paced run along with strength training at the gym.


We also went over to a friend's house in the evening and I spent lots of time petting her pups :)


Sunday - 30 minute walk plus yoga in the evening.  My knee was hurting so I decided to take advantage of the extra day in the weekend and move my long run to Monday.

Lots of bunnies out in the neighborhood this week

Monday - 2.5 miles easy, 5x 3 minutes, 1 mile cool down.  The run went well and my knee didn't seem to be hurting any more so yay!  We also went out later in the day to catch a movie (Book Smart) and play some games at Dave and Buster's.


So overall it was a nice, relaxing long weekend.  Here's the plan for this week.

Tuesday - strength training
Wednesday - 1 mile warm up, 7x 100 meters, 1 mile cool down
Thursday - 2 miles easy
Friday - rest day
Saturday - 10k Race Day!
Sunday - Walking and yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment