Monday, June 10, 2019

Weekly Review

I'm taking a break from training for a month or so.  I really enjoyed last week of taking it a bit easy :)  I haven't decided on a Fall half yet but I'll probably start training again at some point in July or August.  But for now, here are the details on last week, including a whole weekend of celebrating my birthday!

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - 3 easy miles - I only got in 2.5 since I ran out of time.


Wednesday - Strength training


Thursday - rest day

Friday - 3 easy miles - again, ran out of time so was a bit short


We also went out in the evening to start my weekend of birthday celebrations.  We had dinner at True Food Kitchen, which has lots of great plant based options.  We shared an asparagus salad to start, I had a tofu noodle dish for my entree, and I indulged with a key lime vegan mousse for dessert.  It was a beautiful evening and we were able to eat on the patio, but that resulted in several mosquito bites.  We also went out to see a local theater company after dinner.  We didn't know much about the play before we got there.  It ended up being a one person show with a band and musical numbers.  The actress was great and had a beautiful voice, but the story itself wasn't really that compelling to us.


Saturday -  I started out the morning with a 4 mile run in my neighborhood.


Then it was Pride weekend in DC so we ended up getting a hotel room in the city with some friends.  A local store we like has windows on the parade route and were having a viewing party so we ended up there.  It was a good idea since we weren't in the middle of the crowds and we had air condition!  Plus they had snacks and drinks so it ended up being a big win.



We left the parade early since we all decided we were hungry and wanted to go back to the hotel for dinner.  Unfortunately, things went kind of crazy at the parade after our departure.  There were reports of a shooting (which ended up being false) but people panicked and there were some injuries from the panic.  Thankfully it sounds like there weren't serious injuries but I know a lot of people were living in fear during that time :(

Once we heard that the rumors of a shooting weren't true and that everyone we knew was safe, we continued on with our evening.  We went out dancing and had a great time!  But I'm definitely getting old and can't really dance for too long or stay out that late any more.

Sunday- A friend and I woke up early and took advantage of our hotel location to run at the zoo.  It wasn't really running so much as just going from enclosure to enclosure to see the animals :)


We then had brunch with some other friends before heading back home.  We were definitely exhausted and spent the rest of the day just relaxing.

Here's a rough plan for this week.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - 3 easy miles
Wednesday - strength training
Thursday - 3 miles easy
Friday - strength training
Saturday - 4 easy miles
Sunday - 4 easy miles

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

weekly Run Down


No comments:

Post a Comment