Monday, June 17, 2019

Weekly Review

Well, this wasn't the ideal workout week but thankfully I'm not in training for anything at the moment.  I had back pain, again.  It was on the same side and very similar to the back pain I had 5-6 weeks ago.  Since this has happened several times now, I did finally see a chiropractor and hopefully that will help fix this issue so it doesn't keep flaring up.  But here is what I did get done last week.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - Yoga With Adrienne since that seems to help my back feel better.

Wednesday - rest day

Thursday - 40 minutes on the elliptical at the gym since that doesn't seem to both my back.


Friday - First appointment with a chiropractor.  I'll post more details later this week and I'm going to have my second appointment with her Wednesday.  So hopefully that will help.  I also had a 45 minute walk.


Saturday - rest day.  Plus, we had an appointment to visit with kittens at the kitten lounge in Georgetown!  This was so fun.  We decided to take the 70 minute option, and I was worried that it would be a little too long.  But no, the time flew by.  We ended up in nap corner and were the spot all the kitties went to when they wanted a bit of a rest.  Which was, of course, fine by me.  We followed that up with a delicious brunch by the waterfront in Georgetown.  We had plans to go to a party in the evening but I skipped it because of the back pain and sent Mike on his own.


Sunday - 60 minute walk.  I felt pretty good on Sunday and my back pain was much less then earlier in the week!

 

And we went out for a yummy dinner and I had the vegan banh mi at Silver Diner, so good!


So that was my week.  We'll see how this week goes.  So far, it's pretty good and my back pain has reduced to just a slight twinge when I move too suddenly or in the wrong direction.  So I'm hopeful I may be able to run again this week.  Here's a rough plan for this week.  It will depend on how my back feels and also the weather since it looks like we're in for a lot of rain this week.

Monday - Rest day and meeting a friend for happy hour after work
Tuesday - An easy run or the elliptical at the gym
Wednesday - strength training or yoga plus another visit to the chiropractor
Thursday - An easy run or the elliptical
Friday - strength training or yoga plus driving to New York
Saturday - Running in NYC
Sunday - Running in NYC

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment