Monday, July 22, 2019

Richmond Half Marathon training week 1

I hope you're all doing well!  Sadly, I was sick again last week.  It's just a pretty bad cold but it did disrupt my training a bit.  At least it's only the first week of training and I still got in some good movement.  I think getting outside for even just a walk actually made me feel a bit better on those days.  And this week, the renovations on our house will be done!  I am so excited for this.  We have a deep cleaning scheduled Wednesday and I think that will help too.  I'm sure all the construction dust in our house hasn't been helping my cold at all.  But here are the details.

Monday - Planned rest day and I worked from home since I had a sore throat and didn't want to get anyone else sick.  Sadly, by the end of the evening, I could tell it was going to get worse as I had a low grade fever.

Tuesday - Unplanned rest day - I called in and took a sick day from work, took many naps and guzzled nyquil/dayquil.

Wednesday - 2 miles - I was a little better, I was able to work from home and to go out for a walk in the evening.



Thursday - Unplanned rest day - First day back in the office.  It went ok but I was exhausted by the time I got home.

Friday - 3 miles - lost my voice again and sounded like I was hacking up a lung when I coughed so I worked from home.  But I did manage to get out for a walk/run.  It was mostly walking but I threw in a little running when I could but it seemed to throw me into a coughing fit.


Saturday - Strength Training - Still sick but managed to get in some strength training.  I didn't want to brave the outdoors since we were in the middle of a heat wave.


Sunday - 5 mile run/walk - I had plans to meet up with a friend in the morning before the heat got too miserable.  We decided to take it easy and just run/walk and walk as much as needed.  We actually walked all of mile 2 since it was uphill.  Then we realized we were close to the outdoor outlet mall so we did our last 2 miles there.  I'm not sure the GPS was reading correctly there since it's weird that actually running/walking on mostly flat ground resulted in a 19 minute pace and walking uphill resulted in an 18 minute pace?  But it was still a good option.  There were bathrooms, water fountains, shade, and bursts of AC when we went by an open door.  And we were able to end with an iced drink from Starbucks!



Sadly, I am still not back to feeling better.  I went through two tissue boxes since Friday and I've brought another one to work with me today.  I have my voice back but it still sounds pretty bad.  And I'm having to try to sleep sitting up because lying down just results in coughing fits.  The cough isn't as bad as a couple days ago so I'm hoping that it's a good sign and I can get rid of this cold soon.

But here's the plan for this week, in anticipation that I'll feel better soon.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday - Strength training (I might switch Tuesday and Wednesday depending on the weather)
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - Strength Training
Saturday - 3 miles
Sunday - 6 miles

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment