Monday, July 29, 2019

Richmond Half Marathon Training Week 2

Well, this week started out rough but ended well.  And it was better than week 1 so that's a plus.  As I talked about last week, I was sick.  Well, I was still sick this week and the doctor gave me antibiotics on Tuesday.  I know it's not good to take too many antibiotics but this illness kept lingering and it felt like it was getting worse.  And once I started taking the antibiotics, it definitely got better.  So it was the right move.  Thanks to the medicine, I was able to get in all my runs last week though I didn't manage to get in any strength training.  Here are the details of the week.

Monday and Tuesday - rest days as I was still sick.  I got the antibiotics on Tuesday evening and things started to get better.

Wednesday - 3 miles - Felt a little better plus we got our house cleaned so we weren't living in a pile of construction dust any more.  I decided to go out for an easy run to see how it felt.  It was ok but definitely resulted in more coughing throughout the evening so it might have been premature.


Thursday - Rest day since I running the day before hadn't gone well for me.

Friday - 3 miles - Tried another easy run and the one went better.  I also had a cousin and her son visiting from out of town so we got together with them for dinner and enjoyed catching up.

 
I saw lots of bunnies while running this week!

Saturday - 3 miles - Woke up and went out for another easy run and this one went well too, in spite of the heat.  I forgot my sunblock which wasn't good.  I've got to get back in the habit of remembering to sunblock every time I go outside.  And we had a friend over in the evening to hang out.


Sunday -  6 miles.  Was able to get my long run done even though it was hot and sunny.  I guess I'm fully recovered now!  We also did a lot of errands and work on getting the house back into shape, moving things into the new closet, etc.  A movie theater near us is doing a Studio Ghibli festival this Summer so we went to the theater to see Kiki's Delivery Service.  It was a cute little movie but definitely slower paced than contemporary movies.

 
I loved this front yard I saw with a ton of sunflowers

I also did a lot of meal prep on Sunday.  I made my breakfasts and lunches for the week so they're easy to grab and go before heading to the office.  And Mike made Gazpacho so we have a couple weeknight dinners ready to go.  I'm hoping to get into the meal prep habit so it's easier to eat healthy all week instead of getting take out.

So that's my week.  I hope all of you had a great week as well!  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - Strength Training
Saturday - 5 miles
Sunday - 7 miles (2 miles easy, 2 miles marathon pace, 2 miles half marathon pace, 1 mile easy)

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!
weekly Run Down


No comments:

Post a Comment