Monday, August 5, 2019

Richmond Half Marathon Training Week 3

I hope everyone's doing well!  I had a pretty good week.  And I seem mostly recovered from the sinus infection I had a couple weeks ago except for some lingering tiredness.  I got in my 2 planned strength training sessions and I got in 3 runs.  I had hoped to get in 4 runs but I'm ok with the way the week turned out given how tired I was.  Here are the details.

Monday - rest day.  I had planned to go out with a friend after work but ended up postponing since I felt like I really needed to just rest in the evening.

Tuesday - Strength Training video with Fitness Blender.  I definitely felt this one in my chest and abs the next day since it had lots of push ups and core work.


Wednesday - 3 easy miles.  Woke up early and went for a run before work.


Thursday - Yoga for toning.


Friday - 3 easy miles with another pre-work run.


Saturday - Unplanned rest day.  This was supposed to be another easy run but I was just exhausted and my body seemed to need some extra rest.  We did have a voter registration volunteer shift at the mall so spent the morning doing that.  And got in some work organizing around the house in the afternoon.  So it was still a productive rest day :)

Sunday - 7 miles - 2 mile warm up, 2 miles marathon pace, 2 miles half marathon pace, cool down.  This run started out well but I kind of fell apart at the end.  I hit my paces (adjusted for the heat) on the first three intervals but then the last interval was way too slow.  A full two minutes too slow.  Oh well, that's something to work on for next time. And my planned cool down on the way home was going to be in the full sun so I called Mike and asked him to pick me up instead.  I did my cool down on the shaded trail and called it a day when he got there so I only got in 6.6 miles instead of the full 7.


On the fun side, I did see a lot of animals on this run.  I saw the usual bunnies and some deer, but then I saw a beaver for the first time.  He was swimming in the creek that runs next to the trail.  And I saw a weird insect like creature that I almost stepped on.  Someone mentioned seeing it on their run last week so I knew it was a crayfish.  I would have had no idea what it was otherwise.


I also got in my meal prep for the second week in a row.  All my breakfasts and lunches for the work week are ready.  Steel cut oats for breakfast and a quinoa salad plus raw veggies for dipping in guacamole for lunch.


So that was my week.  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - 3.5 easy miles
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - Speed work (1 mile easy, 4x 2 minutes, 4x 100 meters, .5 mile cool down)
Friday - Strength Training
Saturday - 4 miles
Sunday - 4 miles

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment